Re: keyboard issues (debian squeeze)

Dne, 08. 12. 2010 04:53:29 je Kevin Jackson napisal(a):

> Have you tried reseating the USB plug when this happens, or tried
> another port?

I'm sure this key repeat issue isn't a problem with my keyboard (even
though it's cheap :).  But to answer your question, no I haven't tried
unplugging/plugging my keyboard (it's hard to reach the socket without
a lot of faffing around)

Well, if you want my humble opinion, it would be a lot smarter to get a cheap USB extension cord and try unplugging/plugging the keyboard when (sh)it happens again. The hardest to troubleshoot, as you know, are such intermittent problems. If you could solve it by purchasing a 2€ cord (or, as I would personally do, a 10€ keyboard), the money would probably be better spent than additional time spent troubleshooting it. Provided that unplugging/plugging works.

P.S. Is there no frontal/accessible USB connector on the front of your box?

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.