Re: keyboard issues (debian squeeze)

Hi,

>> I'm sure this key repeat issue isn't a problem with my keyboard (even
>> though it's cheap :).  But to answer your question, no I haven't tried
>> unplugging/plugging my keyboard (it's hard to reach the socket without
>> a lot of faffing around)
>
> Well, if you want my humble opinion, it would be a lot smarter to get a
> cheap USB extension cord and try unplugging/plugging the keyboard when
> (sh)it happens again. The hardest to troubleshoot, as you know, are such
> intermittent problems. If you could solve it by purchasing a 2€ cord (or, as
> I would personally do, a 10€ keyboard), the money would probably be better
> spent than additional time spent troubleshooting it. Provided that
> unplugging/plugging works.

In pure economic terms I agree a simple h/w solution is worth less
than the time to troubleshoot the problem.  However this is annoying
me *so much*, that I want this bug dead! :)

In fact I'd happily polish up on C/C++ to fix the damn thing myself if
anyone was willing to help me with it!

> P.S. Is there no frontal/accessible USB connector on the front of your box?

There are two USB headers on the front, but anything plugged into the
front of my pc quickly gets unplugged and chewed on by my son - this
is probably sub-optimal

Kev