Re: update manager wants admin password

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 08:20:33 -0500, John Lindsay wrote:

> All of a sudden I am getting the following message when I click on the
> update manager icon ---

(...)

I always get asked for root password when there are updates available in
the update manager icon. If you get a "keyring unlock" message maybe is
because you are using "sudo" instead plain "su" and then you have to
provide your user password, not root's one.

BTW, I'd be worried if the update manager does not ask me for the root
password ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón