Re: Recommended, easy to manage FTP server for Debian Lenny?

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 03:39:12 +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> I'm searching for an easy to manage FTP server for Debian Lenny.

(...)

I've worked with Vsftpd in the past and found it very easy to setup and
manage (only one config file) but people tend to prefer ProFTPD for multi-
host sites (maybe is more complete or has more features, I dunno :-?).

If you need a GUI for user handling, webmin could be an option, as it
provides modules for "proftpd" (and "vsftp", IIRC) as well as other FTP
servers.

P.S. There was a recently exploit in ProFTPD package, if you are thinking
in installing, just ensure you get an unaffected package.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón