Re: acroread trouble on Sqeeze

Hello,

On 02/12/10 03:14, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 00:52:11 +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

On 01/12/10 22:35, Camaleón wrote:

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l /usr | grep lib
drwxr-xr-x 147 root root  43528 nov 28 15:34 lib lrwxrwxrwx   1 root
root     24 nov 14  2009 lib32 ->   /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib lrwxrwxrwx
  1 root root      3 nov 14  2009 lib64 ->   lib

So... what's happening here? Does the library ("libgvfsdbus.so") even
exist in the above mentioned path (/usr/lib/gio/modules/)? :-?

The library exist, but what is really needed is:
/usr/lib32/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so

That is to say: a 32bits library, not a 64bits library.

But you should have installed 32-libs compat package and Acrobat should
transparently look for the right one :-?

Meanwhile,
I have uninstalled my Sid acroread, and installed the testing version:
as I expected, the trouble is still there.

Your last resort may be trying with the Adobe's own package (it's a
".deb" file, and at least in a pure 32-bit squeeze it gets installed with
no dependencies nor problems at all).

Anyway, besides all these "esoteric" messages and warnings, are you
facing any other problem with the program?

I do not really care about the messages:
my issue is that the tabs feature is getting crazy
when the mouse is used.

Jerome

Greetings,