Re: acroread trouble on Sqeeze

Hell List,

On 01/12/10 19:12, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:00:55 +0100, Horvath Krisztian wrote:

An error in Acrobat Reader package then?

There is a similar bug report for OOo:

But Acrobat Reader is closed source so bugs can be only reported
upstream (to Adobe).  I'm afraid you'll have to wait for an update ;-(

The problem should be elsewhere because Acrobat Reader works perfectly
on Sqeeze for me.

Which version are you running and from where (multimedia repo, Adobe

Error log is pretty self-explanatory about which app is causing the
problem. Besides, Acrobat Reader can be running fine in your system but
crashing with another setup or just by using a different GTK theme...
which reminds me, @Jerome, you can try to launch acroread with another -
fresh new- user and check if that works.

let say that I can reproduced the bug on an other Squeeze (amd64) computer:

In both case, acroread comes from the multimedia repo (sid): version 9.4

Dealing with theme, the below message gets out on the other computer:

(acroread-en:13593): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-dialog-question' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/svg_loader.so: /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/svg_loader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

can it be realted ?