Re: acroread trouble on Sqeeze

Hello List,

thanks for your quick reply.

On 30/11/10 22:54, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:48:33 +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

since a couple of days,
I have some trouble with acroread on my Squeeze amd64 box which is daily
updated:

fro example, when I deal two PDF files and that I play tabs, acroread
gets confused and I get on shell the message:

   (acroread-en:12304): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_is_ancestor:
   assertion `ancestor != NULL' failed

I think that sounds like a "generic" error :-)

I am agree, and I think it is not really an acroread issue:
it begun after the last ia32-libs upgrade.

What do you mean by "acroread gets confused"? It freezes when loading a
second PDF within the same instance (tabbed)? Are you experiencing the
same issue when loading the files independently (using no tabs, separate
windows)? Have you tested with another PDF samples?

I have observed the same for different PDF samples.

When I have more than one tab,
when I use my mouse toscroll,
acroread always jumps from on tabs to the other instead,
and emits a lot of messages as the one above.

Can it be a mouse issue ?
I have just realized this point.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome