Re: Smileys don't animate [Unsolved again]

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:14:05 +0000, Barry Samuels wrote:

> On 29/11/10 10:21:56, Camaleón wrote:

>> > Well that 'cure' lasted less than 24 hours and the problem is back.
>> >
>> > What the hell is going on?
>>
>> We can't tell if you do not provide the requested data.
>>
>> Does it work using a proxy?
>>
>> Can you tell us the link?
>
> Going through hidemyass.com makes no difference - the smileys do not
> animate.

Okay. I was thinking the problem could have come from your own ISP proxy
or caching service and using an external proxy should have render the
site from scratch. But if does not work, then we can forget the ISP
variable.

> If you mean the link to the page with the smileys:
>
> http://www.beemthere-donethat.org.uk/bbHpp/viewtopic.php?
> f=10&t=180&sid=531ee08ae92329873213f0568dd2830c

I mean the "true" URI so we can check >:-)

> It appears that only part of the GIF image file is being downloaded by
> the browser. If I save one of the non-animated smileys and compare it
> with a version that does animate then the size of the non-animated GIF
> is much smaller.

If we can't see it, we cannot tell.

Are your experiencing the same problem from another computer?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón