Re: Distorted picture in openarena.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> Maybe you can test some of the tips provided in Openarena FAQ:
>
> http://openarena.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Ok, I'll try.

> I would first try by renaming (do not remove, just rename to keep the
> original file) "q3config.cfg" to start from scratch.

OK. I have tried under a new user - same effect.

> If distorsion/artifacts only happen in Openarena (have you launched
> another opengl games or applications to see if the problem is still
> reproducible? Have you tried with proprietary ati driver?) then I
> would go for Openarena :-)

ATI does not support the card any more, and I want to use free driver
too - so...

This very problem is only in this games. I have tried now torcs - but
it refuses to play any farther after last click right before starting
playing.

Other 3Dd apps I've tried was Marble - runs perfectly - but I believe
it uses far another technology besides 3D-support itself.

> (side note: radeon is an open driver and so supported in BTS, but you
> can encounter DDs don't want to know nothing involving proprietary
> ati driver. I mean, if you are planning to fill a bug report, better
> use radeon driver).

So, I suppose I have to file BR against radeon driver, right?

> >> How many FPS do you get with "glxgears"?
> > 850 w/ open driver, 1,200 - w/ the ATI's.
>
> Difference is noticeable but not that high :-?

Actually, for the ATI's I gave according to my memory - if it is not
so, then 1,500 - is maximum - yes, 2x faster than the open one. :)