Re: Distorted picture in openarena.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:12:23 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

>> If your VGA card is not very powerful, you can first try by lowering
>> the requirements of openarena itself (textures and rendering details or
>> screen size -not fullscreen-).
> I have tried - does not help.
>
> On the same hardware at earlier installation I could play in the game
> perfectly - so the problem is not in hardware, apparently. Also, it
> perfectly renders movements - just whole the screen is full of diagonal
> lines between which I see the game but changes as soon as the player
> moves.

Maybe you can test some of the tips provided in Openarena FAQ:

http://openarena.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

I would first try by renaming (do not remove, just rename to keep the
original file) "q3config.cfg" to start from scratch.

> In case of filing a bug report - against what should I do it? -
> Openarena or radeon driver?

If distorsion/artifacts only happen in Openarena (have you launched
another opengl games or applications to see if the problem is still
reproducible? Have you tried with proprietary ati driver?) then I would
go for Openarena :-)

(side note: radeon is an open driver and so supported in BTS, but you can
encounter DDs don't want to know nothing involving proprietary ati
driver. I mean, if you are planning to fill a bug report, better use
radeon driver).

>> How many FPS do you get with "glxgears"?
> 850 w/ open driver, 1,200 - w/ the ATI's.

Difference is noticeable but not that high :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón