Re: grub boot control from an usb-keyboard.

On Mi, 24 nov 10, 18:13:03, Klistvud wrote:

> I just skimmed over the link I gave you. I thought it was dealing
> with Grub configuration files, but now I see it's not ...
> Essentially, what you want to do is enter the specified commands
>
> insmod uhci; insmod usb_keyboard; terminal_input usb_keyboard
>
> into your Grub2 configuration files, specifically into
> /etc/grub.d/00_header. In that file, you'll find listed the Grub
> modules that get loaded when Grub starts (around line 47 on my
> system). There, (as root) add the three above commands to the
> existing ones, thus:
>
> insmod gfxterm
> insmod vbe
> insmod uhci
> insmod usb_keyboard
> insmod terminal_input usb_keyboard
>
> Save the file, run update-grub (as root again), and reboot.

Just a side-note. If one just wants to 'insmod' additional modules for
grub2 it is possible to add them in /etc/default/grub:

GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="uhci usb_keyboard"

(I don't like changing too many files, /etc/default/grub is already
customized on my systems due to GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX)

Regards,
Andrei