btrfs on an external HD?

Hey,

I just picked up a 500GB external USB hard drive. It was formatted as
VFAT (go figure). I nuked that, and decided to repartition it 400GB
for Linux and 100GB VFAT. I was considering trying out btrfs on this
drive, and wanted to get opinions and possibly advice on the best
approach.

I was thinking about setting up a btrfs filesystem on this drive since
it will be mainly be data from my home workstation that I will be
using on my work laptop, so the data will be safely elsewhere. Both
the home workstation and the work laptop are running sid
(2.6.32-5-amd64), so it should be a no brainer to set up to run on
both. In fact, since I used the package list from the workstation,
everything should be on the laptop as well (e.g. btrfs-tools, etc).

Is this a valid use case for btrfs?
Is there a set of Debian docs for using btrfs? (I am reading the btrfs wiki)
Any experiences, positive or negative from using btrfs in this use scenario?

Thanks,
--b