Re: question regarding SSL

Arthur Bela:

> If i use https, then my connection "is safe", ok.

Safe against earthquakes? -No.
Safe against a malicious server admin? -No
Safe against a man in the middle? Yes, but only under certain
    circumstances.

Never say something is generally safe (or secure). Always mention which
risk it is protected against.

> I just want to know, that can someone see that what link i'm exactly visiting?
>
> I mean, it can only see, that i'm visiting THISSITE.COM, or it can see
> THISSITE.COM/SOMELINK.html ?

HTTPS encapsulates the complete HTTP traffic in an SSL (strictly
speaking: TLS) connection. So no, a man-in-the-middle cannot see which
URL you requested and he cannot see the server's response.

What HTTPS doesn't hide is who is talking to whom, the time the
communication takes place and what amount of data is transferred. If you
need that, use Tor.

J.
--
Fashion is more important to me than war, famine, disease or art.
[Agree]   [Disagree]