Re: Chromium addons (was Re: Frustration made me do it.)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:13:53 -0600

> On 11/18/2010 11:37 PM, Dan Serban wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > I now have chromium and claws at my beck and call.  Man.. are they
> > ever fast.
> >

> So, how effective are ABP and Flashblock?  I read once that the
> Chrome ABP doesn't actually *block* ads from loading but simply
> prevents them from being displayed.

Nowadays the addblocker stops downloading, and the flashblock works
perfectly.

> Also, anyone with experience with these plugins (which *I* consider
> essential, though some may find heresy)?
>
>    acroread

Should work fine

>    Java

works here

>    MozPlugger

no idea

>    OOo

no idea

>    Flash 10.0r45

works fine

>    Silverlight 3.0.4xxxxx

works fine

>    VLC

should work fine

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97