Re: Frustration made me do it.

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:45, Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
>> My machine
>> is an older desktop with only 1 Gb of RAM

Have big applications like office suites, internet browsers and the
like added so many more features that a "mere" 1GB of RAM doesn't
suffice?! Isn't Web2.0's structure mostly text-based? The bandwith
hogs are multimedia and that's out of the box.

I remember when i had a functioning windowmaker desktop with a 96MB
PII back in '99. Maybe they're comming out of school thinking
programming is IDE drag-n-drop and python-style "print this" programs.
I don't understand why must software grow with no added content, just
because the hardware is more capable. What's next, a 900MB simple text
editor?! But i never liked resource-hogs anyway.

</rant>

--
Mars 2 Stay!
http://xkcd.com/801/