Re: Problems with cups/printconf on Squeeze and Sid

On 11/21/2010 07:20 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> >    I can't get cups to do anything but show the entry page at
>> > localhost:631.  All of the other tabs display 500 Internal Server Error.
> (...)
>
> I would try first to get Cups working as it should, getting a 500 error
> is not a good signal. If it's necessary purge the package and reinstall
> it again. After that, I'd install the printer by using hpijs or hplip PPD
> file, avoinding the use of hplip suite.

I had to do that last year, cups somehow got messed up & I could not do
admin from the web page. When you take out cups, it also had to take out
a BUNCH of other installed apps, so I copied those app-names to a text
file, so I could remember to reinstall them later, knowing aptitude
install cups would do it:)
and it IS important to note you need to PURGE cups, not just remove it.-
aptitude purge cups

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800