Re: Why is troubleshooting Linux so hard?

On Vi, 19 nov 10, 11:18:09, Borden Rhodes wrote:

> What's important to emphasise here is that I'm not an idiot.  Camaleón,
> I can tell the difference between a hardware problem and a software
> problem.  I fix computers for profit so I know how to troubleshoot
> problems when I have a clear set of symptoms which I can isolate and
> test.  Yes, I test my hard drive and RAM so, by the process of
> elimination, the problem *is* the software.

You can have crashes also due to a bad PSU, the wrong combination of
hardware and just recently I had to pull the PS/2 mouse out of my
internet radio machine because it was affecting the sound card (IRQ
conflict?).

But I assume Windows is rock stable on that machine, so it must be
Linux, no?

Regards,
Andrei