Re: Preventing installation of specific virtual packages

On Saturday 20 November 2010 02:58:32 Jason Heeris wrote:
> On 20 November 2010 07:58, Javier Barroso <javibarroso@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> How can be blocked the installation of a package that is not installed?
> >
> > Pinning it to a negative number [1]? (I didn't try it)
>
> This will work for a normal package, but not for a virtual package,
> which is my original problem.

I think you'll just have to use this method to blacklist all the providers of
that virtual package, sorry.

It is easy enough to find a list of the current providers of a virtual, but
you might have to update you pinning whenever a new package is added that
provides the virtual you don't want pulled in as a recommend.