fontconfig / defoma segfault

Hello altogether

Today I ran into some strange problem. While reinstalling munin, I got a
segfault, while fontconfig was getting installed. I played around a
little bit, and think I located the root of the problem at defoma. For
example if I run:

        apt-get install fontconfig

I get:

        E: Unable to load: /var/lib/defoma/scripts/fontconfig.defoma
        because:
        /var/lib/defoma/scripts/fontconfig.defoma did not return a true
        value at (eval 4) line 1.

        Updating font configuration of fontconfig...
        E: fontconfig was excluded from configuration due to the error
        in the header.
        E: Please perform the following things.
        E:   (1) run defoma-app purge fontconfig.
        E:   (2) upgrade fontconfig and/or defoma.
        E:   (3) run defoma-app update fontconfig.
        /var/lib/dpkg/info/fontconfig.postinst: line 25:  2580
        Speicherzugriffsfehler  /usr/bin/defoma-app update fontconfig
        dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von fontconfig (--configure):
         Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 139
        zurück
        Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
         fontconfig

I get a similar errror while trying to install psfontmgr, which also
depends on defoma:

        apt-get install psfontmgr

        Richte psfontmgr ein (0.11.10-0.2) ...
        /var/lib/dpkg/info/psfontmgr.postinst: line 12:  2684
        Speicherzugriffsfehler  /usr/bin/defoma-app -t update psfontmgr
        1>&2
        dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von psfontmgr (--configure):
         Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 139
        zurück
        Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
         psfontmgr

I already tried purging defoma and reinstalling it again. No luck. The
only Idea I still have is trying to install defoma from the backports,
however, I don't like the idea of having to many packages installed
fromt the backports. Besides, it obviously works after a fresh install.

So I would really appreciate your advice on how to erase this issue.

Thanks in advance