Re (4): Default alsa sound device in Squeeze ...

*	From: Camale&#xF3;n <noelamac@gmail.com>
*	Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:26:53 +0200
> It's quite the same information you already sent, but adds another
> method for setting the default sound device.

For Iceweasel and the few multimedia I've tried, this works.
Multimedia in this Squeeze now includes sound!

Perversely, Skype no long produces an audible ring.
As if it now tries to ring the on-board Intel sound device
rather than the designated USB device.

Oh well.  Squeeze will probably be released within a year
and Skype will offer a new release soon after and then
sound might work for multimedia and Skype.

Regards,             ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  7785886232 is gone.