Re: new cpu amd 810 Quad core (with 900 pins) some pins are bent any idea how to fix?

On Friday 12 November 2010 21:49:06 Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was making some pcs and after showing him how in another machine,  I
> assigned someone to put in a cpu and they bent some of the pins. there are
> about 900 !!! (around 30 rows of 30). Now it wont install into the socket
> AM3.
>
> I have tried straighting them by using a credit card (or thin new york
> metrocard) as a group lineup as  well as using a
> lead pencil 5mm holder to straighten the indiviual tines (pins) as well as
> a thin mending needle.
>
> however it still resists putting into the socket on the asus motherboard.
>
> any other ideas on how to ease it in?
>
> Thanks

Did it the same way once. Look at the pins with a light source hitting them at
various angles. It will show which one are not straighten-up. When it fits on
the socket, try to exchange the CPU for a new one, (as I did).
Thierry