Re: problem with awstats

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 04:53:46 -0500, Zachary Uram wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> > BTW if I enter "
>> > http://www.oggthebase.org/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=oggthebase.org";;
>> > it shows the statistics!
>> IIRC, that's the standard way for virtual hosting. You have to specify
>> the site you want to get the stats for.
> But all the awstats documentation I've read (that included in the Debian
> package, stuff I found on google) says the other way should work.

I dont't think so.

Just think about it... how can Awstats know what host (config file) do
you want to use? It does not have a crystal ball ;-)

III. Run reports: Building and reading reports

2) The second option is to dynamically view your statistics from a
browser.  To do this, use the URL:

where mysite specifies the configuration file to use (AWStats will use
the file awstats.mysite.conf).

If you don't define any site, it uses the default config template.