Re: problem with awstats

I should add that also, per the awstats examples I found online, I
added this to my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf for awstats and restarted
apache2 before trying to retrieve any stats.

# make sure cgi-bin requests go to /usr/lib/cgi-bin
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

# This provides worldwide access to everything below the directory
# Security concerns:
#  * Raw log processing data is accessible too for everyone
#  * The directory is by default writable by the httpd daemon, so if
#    any PHP, CGI or other script can be tricked into copying or
#    symlinking stuff here, you have a looking glass into your server,
#    and if stuff can be uploaded to here, you have a public warez site!
<Directory /var/lib/awstats>
        Options None
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

# This provides worldwide access to everything below the directory
# Security concerns: none known
<Directory /usr/share/awstats/icon>
        Options None
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

# This provides worldwide access to everything below the directory
# Security concerns: none known
<Directory /usr/share/java/awstats>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

# This provides worldwide access to everything in the directory
# Security concerns: none known
Alias /awstats-icon/ /usr/share/awstats/icon/

# This provides worldwide access to everything in the directory
# Security concerns: none known
Alias /awstatsclasses/ /usr/share/java/awstats/

Zach

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>