Re: sandbox for Window$

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:36:57 +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> I think that my need is for a "sandbox" to isolate a Window$ computer.
>
> I wish files on a machine running Window$ to be accessible to other
> computers in the LAN, while preventing the Window$ machine from
> accessing the Internet for http, ftp, email, etc.

Disable "gateway" in that windows box (only lan connection). A more
complicated setup may involve a proxy.

> And, the Window$
> machine must not be able to see or communicate with other machines in
> the LAN, except for file transfers initiated by the other machines.

It must be able to communicate with other computers if you want to allow
file transfers... if using SMB protocol (and samba at linux side), you
can restrict what linux resources are visible in windows neighborhood.
You could also use SSH (or SFTP) just for one-way file transfers.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón