Re: Wayland & Unity -- any repercussions on Debian?

On 11/9/2010 7:53 AM, Mark Allums wrote:

The fly in the ointment [for Qubes OS] has been X.
[Invisible Things Lab]are adapting their GUI to isolate
X sessions. I don't know the exact way they are doing
this, but it looks like Wayland might hypothetically
serve some purpose in such a  setup.   [Wayland] still
soundsvery centralized, though, adhering to the
client/server model, so I hope that security isn't an
issue.

I wrote something like the above in a previous post as a tangential thought about Wayland; I wanted to clarify it some. Feel free to ignore.

Back onto the off-topic subject: If I had to guess, I'd say there aren't any short-term repercussions affecting Debian. As others have pointed out, Ubuntu is Ubuntu, and Debian is Debian. They are not Siamese twins, joined at the hip. I wish them the best of luck, but for me it will be business as usual.