apache & IMAP ?

I had to reboot my Debian box... been awhile since I did that, and when
I logged in remotely using ssh, I got a prompt about waiting to reboot,
or something like that..
anywa, besides taking almost a half hour to reboot, because it had to
fsck a bunch of file systems that hadn't been checked in 225 days,
apache didn't restart. not sure why ?
before apache restarted I tried to start up thunderbird on my laptop to
get to IMAP email on the debian box, but it refused the connection. Once
I started apache, the IMAP connected on the laptop. What does starting
the web server have to do with my IMAP setup?

apache2 is in /etc/rc2.d/S91apache2

shouldn't it automatically start at bootup?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800