Re: Wayland & Unity -- any repercussions on Debian?

I personally am not impressed with Unity. I think it looks and feels
too much like Moblin. It may be good for a netbook or other
screen-real-estate limited device (I'm not even sure on this point),
but a full-size desktop? Not thanks. I usually have multiple windows
open on multiple desktops, and having windows open and covering the
icons so I can't open more windows just does not fit my workflow. I
imagine opening a terminal and ending up with a single 1680x1050 xterm
devouring my screen. Worse, in a font that is large enough so that the
terminals size is still 80 columns by 16 lines and can be read by
someone 2 rooms away... :)

Having said all that, I have never used Unity. It may be the best
thing since the invention of the computer, but I don't think so.

Just my 2 cents.
--b