Re: HP Laserjet not printing.

On 11/8/2010 2:44 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 10:20:25AM +0100, Klistvud wrote:
Dne, 08. 11. 2010 08:58:54 je Camaleón napisal(a):

(...)

Wow... and how does one setup this printer if running only Linux>:-?

It's not just that. It's that advertising this printer as "working
with Linux" is fraud pure and simple. HP should be fined for doing
that.

In view of the *many* Linux users happily printing away on HP laserjets,
I would say that your blanket condemnation of HP is a steaming pile of
BS.

I wouldn't say "happily". I have such a printer, and I cannot print with it as a normal user, but only as root. On Linux *and* Windows. Yes, a non-administrative user under Windows cannot print with this model of printer. There is no excuse for this. This is the true BS.