Re: VLC unable to open MRL

On 11/07/2010 03:11 PM, Mark Allums wrote:

> I don't know, but I had the exact same problem, except in reverse.  VLC
> would play fine, but Totem either wouldn't play, or in one case, could
> not keep time synchronization.
>
> My guess is that it's still the lack of the right codec(s), although
> that might be weird.  An MRL is a "(Multi)Media Resource Locator", and
> playlists use them.
>
> Are you running VLC from the command line, or from a GUI like GNOME?
> Give us the exact circumstances you are working under.

I'm working from Gnome on a 64-bit debian unstable on my laptop. I'm
accessing my desktop through the connect to server feature. I tried to
copy a .mp3 and .avi to my laptop and the result was that the .mp3
playback worked fine but the .avi playback was normal for the sound but
the video was only using a quarter of the vlc window.

//Matthias