Re: postfix & dovecot- IMAP/Maildir format not working

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 07:13:05 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> I am trying to change my mail  output on Debian Lenny to IMAP, using my
> Maildir folder.. I've changed /etc/postfix/main.cf and
> /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
> and here is what my postconf -d output shows:
>
> home_mailbox =
> mail_name = Postfix
> mail_owner = postfix
> mail_release_date = 20080902
> mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
> mail_version = 2.5.5

"postconf -d" will print out your Postfix default settings, not the
actual. Better issue "postconf | grep "home_mailbox".

> dovecot -n shows this:
> mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir

Right.

> /etc/postfix/main.cf has this:
>
> home_mailbox = Maildir/

Right. This should override the previous default empty setting. Remember
to reload (or restart) Postfix for the change to be applied (/etc/init.d/
postfix reload)

> /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf has this:
> dovecot.conf:mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
>
> I'm still getting mail in /var/mail
> what am I missing?

"home_mailbox" has preference over "mail_spool_directory" but is has to
be defined. Try by reloading postfix.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón