Re: Graphical diff/patch viewer

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> In <[🔎] AANLkTiky2SVHgRAZZ1W1R4THmcLO6493R5e7MwGO+f08@mail.gmail.com>, Rob Gom
> wrote:
>>There is kompare for KDE, but it is unreliable - produces false
>>results for specific patches.
>
> Odd.  I use it all the time and haven't seen it be inconsistent.  It fails
> indicate files have changed when git uses "Binary files a and b differ." as
> the patch text, but it shows all the other changes.  There are some Kompare
> options that you may want to set/clear though.
>
> I'd be very interested in seeing a case where kompare displays a valid patch
> incorrectly.

Thanks for the answer.
1. There's an open bug against kompare about saying "this patch is
incorrect" for perfectly fine patches (kde bugs).
2. My bug occurs for patches with several directories/files modified.
Some example. For patch containing modifications for the following
files:
a/b/c/d.txt
a/b/c/e.txt
a/b/c/f.txt
a/g/h/i.txt
a/g/h/j.txt
a/g/h/k.txt

Kompare would create the following directory graph:
      d.txt
      e.txt
      f.txt
       i.txt
       j.txt
       k.txt

instead of expected
      d.txt
      e.txt
      f.txt
       i.txt
       j.txt
       k.txt

Some parts of directory tree are put in invalid places.

I will try to report a bug, but for that I must recreate working
example, which may take a while.

Regards,
Robert