[ERRATUM] Re: why there is no sound output from the front audio pane
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [ERRATUM] Re: why there is no sound output from the front audio pane
- From: Klistvud <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 10:23:20 +0100
- Message-id: <1288862600.6711.2@compax>
- In-reply-to: <1288861987.6711.1@compax> (from firstname.lastname@example.org on Thu Nov 4 10:13:07 2010)
- References: <BLU0-SMTP15947EA34496AE7D1664A23DD4B0@phx.gbl> <1288861987.6711.1@compax>
Dne, 04. 11. 2010 10:13:07 je Klistvud napisal(a):
If the latter, I can only add these 2 cents: on my desktop machine
with an Intel motherboard, the front audio headers require special
(Windows-only, of course) software to fully work. They do work per
se, but if you want to enable rear jack muting (so that your main
speakers get muted when you plug in the headphones in the front audio
jack), you have to install Windows, and load a special Windows driver.
Ooops, that's a disinformation; I mixed up two distinct features from
two distinct motherboards and managed to make a compete mess. The above
motherboard *does not require Windows* for the said functionality to
work, it just requires a *special chassis* with custom cabling.
Sorry about the disinformation.
Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to