Re: Suggestion for buying/repairing print

On 10/31/2010 05:34 AM, Lisi wrote:
On Wednesday 20 October 2010 12:13:15 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Rodolfo Medina<rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>  writes:
However, I have now another problem: after cleaning the heads, the print
quality remains bad.  They told me it may depend on the heads dried or
maybe broken.  In any case, they told that the printer needs being taken
to an assistence centre.

Any suggestion about that?

It seems that I need a new printer: where can I find a list of all the
printers that are known to be compatible with Debian Lenny?

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Rodolfo

There have been several recommendations, deservedly, for HP.  But I have a
cheap Samsung, the ML1510.  It was reduced to half price because it was end
of line, and was cheap in the first place.  It runs marvellously with various
distros.  Initially I had to find and install drivers.  Now I just install
splix (same idea as HPLIP).

I like my Dell 3100cn, which cost US$350 a few years ago. (Kinda expensive for the home, but no ink to dry out or buy on a regular basis.)

--
Seek truth from facts.