Re: Suggestion for buying/repairing print (was: "Chicken-egg" printer problem)

On Wednesday 20 October 2010 12:13:15 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
> >> However, I have now another problem: after cleaning the heads, the print
> >> quality remains bad.  They told me it may depend on the heads dried or
> >> maybe broken.  In any case, they told that the printer needs being taken
> >> to an assistence centre.
> >>
> >> Any suggestion about that?
> >
> > It seems that I need a new printer: where can I find a list of all the
> > printers that are known to be compatible with Debian Lenny?
>
> Thanks to all for the suggestions.
>
> Rodolfo

There have been several recommendations, deservedly, for HP.  But I have a
cheap Samsung, the ML1510.  It was reduced to half price because it was end
of line, and was cheap in the first place.  It runs marvellously with various
distros.  Initially I had to find and install drivers.  Now I just install
splix (same idea as HPLIP).

Lisi