Re: Trying to use a Nokia N95 as a modem over USB

Thanks guys: adding the redirection and using '-d' to point to the
location of the file to be patched did it.

However, through much Googling I'm learning that since HAL is now
deprecated in favor of udev, the rules format in fdi files must be
converted to the new udev format as explained at the bottom of this
page:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/X/InputConfiguration

So, my next task is to convert the data in the patch to udev-speak and
save it to a new rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d which I understand is
where custom rules should be saved.