Re: cure for error meaages: call to lnusertemp failed (temporary directories full?). check your installation.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:19:21 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> I did a new installation on a friend's computer.  All went well until I
> tried to copy over his old data and config files from the old hard
> drive.  Since then I cannot log in as I end up getting the message:
> <quote>
> call to lnusertemp failed (temporary directories full?). check your
> installation.
> </quote>
>
> I can login at the command line as root, and can login in as a second
> user I created.  For now he is running as the second user without access
> to his old files.

(...)

Have you tried by moving/renaming (_not_ deleting) the faulty user
"~/.kde4" (or "~/.gnome2") folder and relogin again? Making this will
"reset" KDE (or GNOME) settings for that user.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón