Re: Recording A/V from embedded Flash player

On 10/23/2010 02:23 AM, Celejar wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:42:30 +0800
Bob<spam@homeurl.co.uk>  wrote:

On 10/22/2010 03:10 AM, Celejar wrote:
On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:49:00 +0800
Bob<spam@homeurl.co.uk>   wrote:

On 09/06/2010 03:13 AM, Celejar wrote:
I'm looking for a general solution to record audio and video from Flash
players embedded in webpages.  I've searched the web, but not found any
really general solution.  Some Flash video players save a .flv file
under /tmp, and that's great, since I can just copy it somewhere else
(sometimes it's necessary to do this before the video finishes (pausing
it if necessary), since it disappears on completion, but usually it

This really annoys me as the file is still cached somwhere as you can
still play it, I'm just unable to find it, I think it's a new "feture"
of flahs10.  I wondered if there was a http proxy that could cache and
then hang onto the files. The ones I'm having trouble with at the mo are
from streetfire which actually streams a valid mp4 file you can view
with mplayer but as soon as the buffering completes the file vanishes.

What do you mean "view with mplayer"?  Where is the file stored until
the buffering completes?

With a command something like this
mplayer ~/.mozilla/firefox/ww51gfav.default/Cache/A67Cd0YMfk1
obviously the file name will be different.

Okay, that doesn't seem to work for my videos, e.g.:

http://e.walla.co.il/?w=/268/1730875

I cleared the cache, started the video, then ran:

'watch ls -l /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/nnnnnnnn.ProfName/Cache/'

but no video shows up there (I see various things that seem to be cache
infrastructure, and a couple of 'Macromedia Flash data files', but the
latter seem to be player files, not video).

Yes, that site seems not to cache at all, with Galeon or Iceweasel odd.

I've come up with 3 potential solutions

1: The http proxy method I mentioned above, basically just a personal
web proxy that ignores no-cache&  any other http messages not to proxy
files then you can copy the files out of the cache directory, apparently
squid can be set up like this but I haven't had time to experiment yet.
http://www.michaelboman.org/how-to/squid

Well, I'm using squid anyway, so I'll give this a try.

Any luck? I've been trying polipo
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/polipo
with no luck so far.

2: I was wondering if I could move the Cache directory to some sort of
write only or version controlled file system, chmoding the file to 200
or 020 doesn't work.  I remember the old VAX systems I worked on when
the world was young would keep 3 backups of every file (I think it was
admin configurable) so if your file was abc.txt the backups were
abc.txt;1 abc.txt;2&  abc.txt;3, when you delete the file abc.txt in
fact what happened at a file system level was abc.txt;3 got deleted and
the rest moved down one until you purged the backups.

I, too, wondered about something like this, but I didn't even get as
far as you did ;)

3: Another, possibly more convenient way to effectively achieve the same
as above would be some sort of process auditing that backs up all files
created by a process and it's children, again I can't find how to do this.

Interesting.

Celejar