Re: Recording A/V from embedded Flash player

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:42:30 +0800
Bob <spam@homeurl.co.uk> wrote:

> On 10/22/2010 03:10 AM, Celejar wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:49:00 +0800
> > Bob<spam@homeurl.co.uk>  wrote:

> >> This really annoys me as the file is still cached somwhere as you can
> >> still play it, I'm just unable to find it, I think it's a new "feture"
> >> of flahs10.  I wondered if there was a http proxy that could cache and
> >> then hang onto the files. The ones I'm having trouble with at the mo are
> >> from streetfire which actually streams a valid mp4 file you can view
> >> with mplayer but as soon as the buffering completes the file vanishes.
> >
> > What do you mean "view with mplayer"?  Where is the file stored until
> > the buffering completes?
>
> With a command something like this
> mplayer ~/.mozilla/firefox/ww51gfav.default/Cache/A67Cd0YMfk1
> obviously the file name will be different.

Okay, that doesn't seem to work for my videos, e.g.:

http://e.walla.co.il/?w=/268/1730875

I cleared the cache, started the video, then ran:

'watch ls -l /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/nnnnnnnn.ProfName/Cache/'

but no video shows up there (I see various things that seem to be cache
infrastructure, and a couple of 'Macromedia Flash data files', but the
latter seem to be player files, not video).

> I've come up with 3 potential solutions
>
> 1: The http proxy method I mentioned above, basically just a personal
> web proxy that ignores no-cache & any other http messages not to proxy
> files then you can copy the files out of the cache directory, apparently
> squid can be set up like this but I haven't had time to experiment yet.
> http://www.michaelboman.org/how-to/squid

Well, I'm using squid anyway, so I'll give this a try.

> 2: I was wondering if I could move the Cache directory to some sort of
> write only or version controlled file system, chmoding the file to 200
> or 020 doesn't work.  I remember the old VAX systems I worked on when
> the world was young would keep 3 backups of every file (I think it was
> admin configurable) so if your file was abc.txt the backups were
> abc.txt;1 abc.txt;2 & abc.txt;3, when you delete the file abc.txt in
> fact what happened at a file system level was abc.txt;3 got deleted and
> the rest moved down one until you purged the backups.

I, too, wondered about something like this, but I didn't even get as
far as you did ;)

> 3: Another, possibly more convenient way to effectively achieve the same
> as above would be some sort of process auditing that backs up all files
> created by a process and it's children, again I can't find how to do this.

Interesting.

Celejar