Re: how to make the console not blank out and change resolution?

PG(> I think it is <drivername>.modeset=0 (e.g. "radeon.modeset=0").
PG(> I use both:  "vmlinuz foo radeon.modeset=0 modeset=0" which does work.

How does one determine the driver name to use? At one reboot per test
and with all the unsuccessful combinations I've tried, I have determined
that to defeat this piece of software is not easy.

As far as the log files another poster mentioned, well they are not
operational at this point in the game. Thanks anyway.