Re: how to make the console not blank out and change resolution?

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 02:52:00 +0800, jidanni wrote:

> Allow me to ask a stupid question.

O.k, but better if you don't cross-post :-)

> Somewhere near this point in the dmesg messages, the console blanks and
> becomes a different resolution.

(...)

Different resolution? You mean the console text messages gets bigger and
thinner? That can be changed.

> All I know is it happens around the time /etc/rcS.d/S02udev is run.
>
> How do I temporarily not make this console blanking not occur?
>
> You see, when that happens, whatever that was on the screen goes away.
> Nor was most of what was on the screen at that point stored in dmesg or
> in any /var/log/* file, not can it be ShiftPgUp'ed to anymore.

Well, for the blanking screen I can't tell (it does not happen here) but
kernel log messages are dropped to "/var/log/dmesg" and the remaining go
to "/var/log/boot" (if you have previously enabled that option).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón