Re: Ethernet port dead

On Vi, 22 oct 10, 14:58:12, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> I'm attaching the file ethernet-enquiry.tar.gz, that you can unpack with `tar
> xzvf ethernet-enquiry.tar.gz'.  It's only 12Kb.  There are all those outputs:
>
> dmesg
> ifconfig -a
> uname -a
> modprobe sis990
> lspci -nnk
>
> for the two different systems Debian Etch and Debian Lenny on the same machine
> from two different partitions.

Ok, it seems like the card is present in lspci only on Lenny (kernel
2.6.26-1-686). Unfortunately I mistyped the module name, it should have
been sis900. Can you please retry the modprobe on lenny and then post
here 'ifconfig -a'?

As a sidenote, you might want to upgrade lenny to
linux-image-2.6.26-2-686, or just install linux-image-2.6-686, which
always depends on the latest kernel for the given suite.

Regards,
Andrei