Wierd kde/gnome interaction

For the past few weeks, I have had something wierd going on.

I have a full workstation load on my workstation, including KDE 4.4.5 and Gnome. I personally run KDE. What I have seen over the past few weeks is that when I plug in anything that triggers the device notifier (e.g. CD, N900, thumb drive), the Gnome app (nautilus?) usually pops up before I have the chance to select it in the device notifier.

Is there any way to shut Gnome up when I'm in KDE?

--b