Re: photo printing

On 10/19/2010 11:25 PM, Johann Spies wrote:
> My question is simple:
>
> Are the lower cost colour laser printers worth while for printing
> photo's?
>
> Regards
> JOhann

There are issues besides cost to consider.

Modern color laser printers can do a decent job with color photos but
can only print on "standard" papers, so no glossy/matte/... finish
selections.

Inexpensive lasers will generally not handle paper larger than legal (US
8.5 x 14 inches), so no large print ability either.

I too like HP for photo printing, I recently bought an HP B8550,
because, besides the standard print sizes (from 4x6 in. to 13x19 in.),
it can also handle non-standard sizes, up to 13x44 in.

So, if you don't care about paper surface type or size, a laser printer
may well be a very good choice.  It will also be faster ;)

--
Bob McGowan