Re: photo printing

On 10/20/2010 03:30 PM, Bob McGowan wrote:
On 10/19/2010 11:25 PM, Johann Spies wrote:
My question is simple:

Are the lower cost colour laser printers worth while for printing

There are issues besides cost to consider.

Modern color laser printers can do a decent job with color photos but
can only print on "standard" papers, so no glossy/matte/... finish

Inexpensive lasers will generally not handle paper larger than legal (US
8.5 x 14 inches), so no large print ability either.

I too like HP for photo printing, I recently bought an HP B8550,
because, besides the standard print sizes (from 4x6 in. to 13x19 in.),
it can also handle non-standard sizes, up to 13x44 in.

So, if you don't care about paper surface type or size, a laser printer
may well be a very good choice.  It will also be faster ;)

And no worries of dried ink causing a chicken/egg problem as recently discussed in d-user.

Note that if the laser doesn't do a perfect job with photos, you can always get the important ones printed at the drugstore.

Seek truth from facts.