Re: dovecot security

 On 10/19/2010 06:24 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that my auto-generated SSL cert was
in fact auto-generated, and not just a default cert that *everybody*
gets when they install dovecot.

Such thing wouldn't work, as certificates are specific to one host. If the host name does not match, client programs should emit a warning. So it's not feasible to create a default certificate for all installations.

--
Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honour.
		-- Proverbs 18:12

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br