Re: avogadro plugins

On 10/18/2010 10:03 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> On 19/10/10 03:50, Bob McGowan wrote:
>> On 10/18/2010 05:55 AM, #ZHAO LINA# wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have just install the avogadro package on my amd64 Squeeze desktop.
>>> Now I would like to play with some avogadro plugins.
>>> I have succeeded to built one (packmol) as regular user, but I do not
>>> know how to make it plugged by avogadro:
>>> any hint is warmly welcome.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> lina
>>
>> A web search for 'Avogadro software' found a wiki home page, with a link
>> to a developer's page.  That page have links to a number of other pages,
>> one of which discusses plugins.
>>
>> Perhaps that will help.
>
> that will certainly help a confirmed developer,
> not a newbie: to install firefox plugins,
> it is not necessary to be a developer,
> we can expect the same for avogadro.
>
> Jerome

But, the OP said "I have succeeded to built one ..." which would imply
downloading code and at least enough developer knowledge to do a build.

I'd assume if I downloaded the *code* for a Firefox plugin, there would
be steps I'd need to follow in order to build and install it, which
would, I'd think, be part of the documentation on the Firefox
developers' page(s).

I would expect to have to do something different than the "download and
install" used from within Firefox.

--
Bob McGowan