Re: module-assistant not detecting kernel headers

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Anticept . <anticept@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 06:19:49AM -0400, Anticept . wrote:
>>>
>>> Fixed that symlink too, unfortunately this did not help.
>>>
>>> Module-assistant appears to be malfunctioning as well. After it fails
>>> to find the kernel headers,
>>
>> You can assist it: -k /path/to/kernel/source/directory
>>

> This did not help. Unfortunately, I found a bug report where alsa
> 1.0.23 will NOT compile with m-a at this point in time.
>
> I'm going to try and just slip the alsa source into the kernel source
> and rebuild. Will keep up to date on the result.
>
> -Anticept

Forgot to give an update on this. I've decided not to mess with trying
to recompile, as the Jack Plugin for Alsa is working fine now. The
applications that I was using which were having problems had to be
rebuilt with Jack support, and now it's all gold.

Thanks
-Anticept