Re: module-assistant not detecting kernel headers
- To: Tzafrir Cohen <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: module-assistant not detecting kernel headers
- From: "Anticept ." <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:09:07 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] AANLkTimBq3Tvpgi_N86JTe1Bk=WQ9aS6gWXoV-=M8Hfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTimFKdxKeVD2iHtvjkQ-pi_pee-b5U9BUhP_Y9jS@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <AANLkTi=jmLYZ2i5b56f4GseXcDO+05FxZTzHXAgmDcea@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <AANLkTikhrP8DpWLrayJjupE=fion1=dD-eB4MNXzps=K@mail.gmail.com> <20100823110157.GR17569@pear.tzafrir.org.il> <AANLkTimFKdxKeVD2iHtvjkQ-pi_pee-b5U9BUhP_Y9jS@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Anticept . <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 06:19:49AM -0400, Anticept . wrote:
>>> Fixed that symlink too, unfortunately this did not help.
>>> Module-assistant appears to be malfunctioning as well. After it fails
>>> to find the kernel headers,
>> You can assist it: -k /path/to/kernel/source/directory
> This did not help. Unfortunately, I found a bug report where alsa
> 1.0.23 will NOT compile with m-a at this point in time.
> I'm going to try and just slip the alsa source into the kernel source
> and rebuild. Will keep up to date on the result.
Forgot to give an update on this. I've decided not to mess with trying
to recompile, as the Jack Plugin for Alsa is working fine now. The
applications that I was using which were having problems had to be
rebuilt with Jack support, and now it's all gold.