problem with postfix and maildrop

Hi all,

I have a problem with postfix  and maildrop that I can't resolve. I
would swear that all worked fine with Debian Etch and I have the
problem since I upgraded to Debian Lenny. I have installed postfix as
MTA and maildrop as MDA and it's configured as follows:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop -d "$USER"

Postfix deliver mail in Maildir format instead of mbox format, and all
the mails are stored in the user's home directory (/home/*/Maildir or
/root/Maildir).

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
home_mailbox = Maildir/

Well, the problem is that email is delived correctly to normal unix
users but it's queued when the mail is for root user with the
following error:

2C13897470     8210 Fri Oct 15 21:23:52  root@xxxxxx
(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect()
failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Cannot set my user or
group id.)
                                         root@xxxxxx

I have googled and I don't find anything. I give you more information:

# ls -lhd /root
drwxr-x--- 18 root root 1,0K oct 16 16:38 /root
# ls -lhd /root/Maildir/
drwx------ 6 root root 1,0K oct 15 23:08 /root/Maildir/

At a beginning I though that it could be a problem with filesystem
permissions but the other users have similar permissions and they
receive the mail without problem.

Can you suggest anything? Thanks in advance!

--
Christian Pinedo Zamalloa (zako)
PGP keyID: 0x828D0C80