problem with postfix and maildrop

Hi all,

I have a problem with postfix  and maildrop that I can't resolve. I
would swear that all worked fine with Debian Etch and I have the
problem since I upgraded to Debian Lenny. I have installed postfix as
MTA and maildrop as MDA and it's configured as follows:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop -d "$USER"

Postfix deliver mail in Maildir format instead of mbox format, and all
the mails are stored in the user's home directory (/home/*/Maildir or

home_mailbox = Maildir/

Well, the problem is that email is delived correctly to normal unix
users but it's queued when the mail is for root user with the
following error:

2C13897470     8210 Fri Oct 15 21:23:52  root@xxxxxx
(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect()
failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Cannot set my user or
group id.)

I have googled and I don't find anything. I give you more information:

# ls -lhd /root
drwxr-x--- 18 root root 1,0K oct 16 16:38 /root
# ls -lhd /root/Maildir/
drwx------ 6 root root 1,0K oct 15 23:08 /root/Maildir/

At a beginning I though that it could be a problem with filesystem
permissions but the other users have similar permissions and they
receive the mail without problem.

Can you suggest anything? Thanks in advance!

Christian Pinedo Zamalloa (zako)
PGP keyID: 0x828D0C80
Fingerprint: 7BFF 4105 F46B 7977 BD96  348C 1007 4FF8 828D 0C80