Re: OT: advice on Notebook, smartbook from alwaysinnovating

> I would check with her department at the University.  Most (including
> the one I teach at) have a recommended list of computer capabilities
> and some also recommended vendors.  You must be careful,
> unfortunately, because some programs use specific software packages
> that only run under one O/S (even "shudder" win#$%).  If necessary
> schedule an appointment with the Department Chair since you would
> hate your daughter to be disappointed.
> Larry

That no problem, she had up to 2 days ago a beautiful laptop running squeeze
to her satisfaction and it did fit her needs.Unfortunately it died! RIP.
She has to carry it quiet a lot has she has a bad time table, and she works at
the library during her free time.So weight matters.
I am considering the small screen as a problem, that can be solved when she is
at home as I can give her a 19" in 4:3 ratio.
My worries is in the reliability of that alwaysinnovating, as we are in
Europe, and I would hate to have to ship it back to the states.
The good point is that it is made to work whit Linux. Here we have to buy any
laptop with win#$$% inside, and then fight to get it remove and get some money
back!! Usually , you have to ship it back to the maintenance center and it
takes around 2 weeks++ before you get it back, and quiet often, with a lost of
the warranty. Acer, Asus and Samsung are giving you money back and they pay
for the shipment back and forth to the maintenance center. HP does not want to
give you anything back, and many others don't want to pay for shipment, so it
make no sense because it's almost as much as they give back.!!
That's why I have a strong desire to buy something made for our lovely OS.
Thierry