Re: Excellent bootable usb - How to Duplicate?

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 08:40:19PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 10/07/2010 07:21 PM, Thomas H. George wrote:
> >I created this bootable 4Gb usb stick: Debian Lenny, 2.6.25.15 kernel.
> >gnome, wacom mouse installed, network connection ok.
> >one partition, 1.4Gb used and 2.5Gb available.
> >
> >I did it a year ago and I have lost my notes.  I know that the creation
> >involved a mixure of Debian Live and debxo (One Laptop per Child)
> >
> >How can I create clones of this usb stick?
> >

> dd?

When I tried dd it transferred all the files into a partition just large
enough to hold them - 97% full.  There is free space for another
partition but this is a rather inflexible solution.

The stick has a single large partition with the operating system and a
slew of programs occupying a little more than a third of the space.
Additional programs can be installed if needed.